Cosmetic Display Custom LED Lighting Retrofit Solution
Cosmetic Display LED Lighting Retrofit - AFTER Cosmetic Display Lighting - BEFORE
Key Features - Cosmetic Display Custom LED Lighting Retrofit Solution
Application – Cosmetic Display Lighting
End-user – Large US Drugstore Chain
Partner – National Lighting Services Company
- Objective – Improve illumination of cosmetic display cases while saving energy, but at a low-cost.
- Incumbent Technology – Thousands of F48T8 fluorescent fixture from Madix. Honey-comb reflector used. Power consumption of greater than 44W, 4100K. Units are 4’ in length with AC power daisy-chained through fixtures.
- Problem – Position of existing fluorescent tube along with the egg crate reflector results in poor light distribution – Most of the light emits straight down, even out away from the display case and is not angled toward the case. Lighting against the case is poor.
- Challenge – Retrofit existing fixture with LEDs to improve overall display lighting performance, but at a low cost that is easy for field installation.
Solution – Implement a custom optical design consisting of a LED/Reflector assembly positioned inside the fixture to result in maximum display illumination, minimize glare, is easy to install and cost-effective.
- Osram Duris S5 LEDs are used based on very high efficacy (>160 lumens/watt) and high color quality.
- Total power consumption reduced from >44W to <16W.
- LED strip is mounted in a recessed cavity in reflector, positioned to provide a high level of light distribution across the face of the display with little light loss. Glare is minimized based on reflector design and position of LEDs.
- Installation consists of replacing the existing ballast with a 24VDC LED power supply, connecting power supply to LED strip, previously mounted to reflector, then positioning new clear protective lens and reflector within fixture. Total install time should be less than 5 minutes per fixture.
- Cost – Minimized by selecting an off-the-shelf power supply, designing a simple bent aluminum reflector and implementing a high quality, low-cost LED strip. A high-quality LED power supply is used to insure efficiency and longevity.
Unparalleled Customer Support
ILT understands that custom LED lighting retrofit solutions is a new technology for many potential Customers. That is why we provide UNPARALLELED CUSTOMER SUPPORT on ALL custom LED lighting retrofit solution inquiries, from initial conversation thru final installation.
NEXT STEP: If learning more about custom LED lighting retrofit solutions is high on your "to do" list, please contact Pete Couture, LED Lighting Division Director, today.
And if you decide to go forward with the project, our team will design the installation and work with the light fixture installer of your choice to make sure that the custom LED Lighting retrofit solution meets your expectations.
Standard ILT LED Lighting Products: