Technical Applications Support Engineer
International Light Technologies, Inc. (ILT) Systems Group is seeking a Technical Applications Sales Support Engineer. The successful candidate will work with sales, engineering, marketing and manufacturing to identify the correct existing products, and/or help develop new products, that meet customer's application requirements. The ILT Systems Group has an extensive range of measurement instruments for UV, Visible, and IR wavelengths, employed in numerous markets including industrial, medical, and research markets.
- Support ILT customers at all levels
- Identify best-fit ILT product solutions for customers
- Identify and recommend products or product modifications for potential and existing customers
- Develop a strong understanding of ILT product design and performance and how these interact with a customer’s applications
- Answer phone and electronic inquiries from the website or CMI programs to provide product selections or trouble shoot application issues
- Work directly with sales team to minimize communication gaps with customers
- Create a strong network within ILT of engineering and manufacturing teams to allow timely responses to customer questions
- Help track inquiries and related opportunities within Salesforce database
- Make recommendations for future ILT standard products
- Participate in the commercialization of new product launches coordinating technical data with other essential departments
- Contribute to technical marketing documentation/collateral
- Product training and presentations for the direct ILT global sales force and customers
- Some travel may be required to support customers and trade shows
The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. You may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative to learn new concepts and be able to work independently
- Detail-oriented nature
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at once including reporting progress
- Analytical thinking, strong computer, organizational, and optical measurement skills. Fluent with Word, Excel, ERP, etc.
BS degree or higher in Optics, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent, ideally with experience in optical measurements
3-5 years industrial experience preferred.