Sr. Optical Project Engineer
Title: Senior Optical Project Engineer
Reports to: Director of New Product Development
Responsible for design, validation, and testing of light measurement products, calibration procedures and support of calibration activities. Support ILT spectrometer and radiometer customers, drive design and development efforts for our OEM customers and support ongoing optical measurement instrumentation production. Additional design, validation, and testing of incandesent and led lighting and signage products as needed. Supports optical component quality management throughout company and acts as customer and vendor liaison as needed.
Summary of essential job functions
- Directly participate in establishing and leading functional projects and may develop and administer schedules and performance standards
- Provide color science, photometry, and illumination optics expertise and support
- Optical filter and detector design support for our line of radiometers and spectrometers
- Incandescent and solid state lighting/LEDs – measurement and application knowledge
- Hands-on use of lab equipment such as radiometers, spectrometers, integrating spheres, etc)
- Provide optical calibration lab support
- Work with external standards groups such as NIST, UL, IEC, etc, for product approvals
- Tests and validates calibration procedures
- Helps ensures established maintenance of calibration standards and traceability chains
- Acts as company-wide resource for optics and optical calibration issues.
- Education – BS in Optics, Physics or related Engineering discipline, Master degree preferred
- 5-10 years relevant light measurement product experience
- Ability to work effectively with an internal cross-functional team along with managing external resources
- Proficiency with Zemax (or similar) and Labview software necessary, CAD, Python, thermal management and/or SSL lighting experience a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to our HR department here.